Software Engineer, Data Foundations
Remote · Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, July 25, 2023
Kyruus' mission is to connect people to the right care, in pursuit of our vision: a better healthcare system- one that's transparent and accessible- where everyone gets the care they need. At Kyruus, our values are at the heart of everything we do:
We care deeply – We do the right thing even if it’s the harder thing.
We are fiercely driven – We harness our curiosity to pursue continuous improvement and create simple solutions to complex problems.
We lead with respect – We celebrate the individual traits that make each of us unique and seek out diverse voices to listen and learn.
We are accountable – We do what we promise for each other and our customers.
Here’s what that would mean for you in the Senior Software Engineer role.
Care: You care deeply about partnering with the rest of your team and product managers to work effectively and efficiently with our products. You equally care about your personal development in understanding process and product, and enabling those around you to learn and innovate in the world of ETL and our tooling.
Driven: You are driven to ensure you and your team are meeting key project deliverables, building a system with quality software that produces an excellent experience. You are driven to continuously improve and innovate on the way in which you and your team execute on work, and how you serve stakeholders.
Respect: You will partner effectively, and show considerations towards your internal and external project partners.
Accountable: You are aware of your role responsibilities as they pertain to your team, projects, and cross-functional stakeholders. You are focused on quality work, with an eye towards key deliverables and their due dates, and clear and effective communication.
What you will do in a Senior Software Engineer role at Kyruus:
- Collaborate with teams across the organization, including product managers, data engineers and business leaders to translate requirements into software solutions to process large amounts of data.
- Develop new ways to ensure ETL and data processes are running efficiently.
- Write clean, maintainable, and reusable code that adheres to best practices and coding standards.
- Conduct thorough code reviews and provide constructive feedback to ensure high-quality codebase.
- Optimize software performance and ensure scalability and reliability.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and advancements in data processing and ETL development and apply them to enhance our products.
- Kyruus will bring you through an onboarding process that is both structured and self-guided, designed to enable connection and productivity as you learn more about our company, functions and products. Additionally, we have a culture of feedback, inclusive of our performance review process that provides you with the coaching, resources and opportunities to help you learn and grow with us
- Kyruuvians in the Software Engineer role can move in a more linear career path to a Software Engineer II position. From there, you could move into a Senior Software Engineer role or explore a management position within the Engineering vertical
- Kyruus also loves to see an internal transfer. If a linear career path is not what you’re looking for, you can work with your manager and HR to explore lateral moves to other parts of the organization as you continue to grow with us
How you can grow:
What you will bring:
- 4+ years of experience with Java (required).
- 2+ years of experience with Python (required).
- Knowledge and understanding of ETL processes (required).
- 2+ years of experience using relational databases and deep knowledge of SQL (required).
- Knowledge and understanding of Git (required).
- 1+ year of experience with various GCP technologies:
- Google Dataflow (Apache Beam SDK) (equivalent Hadoop technologies).
- BigQuery (equivalent of any data warehouse technologies: Snowflake, Azure DW, Redshift).
- Cloud Storage Buckets (equivalent to S3).
- Experience with Apache Airflow / Google ComposerKnowledge and understanding of Docker, Linux and virtualization technologies.
- Knowledge and understanding of CI/CD methodologies.
- Experience with various organization/code tools such as Jira, Confluence and GitHub.
- Infrastructure as Code technologies (Terraform, CloudFormation).
- Experience with observability and logging platforms (DataDog).
Bonus Points for Tech Enthusiasts:
Even if you don’t fully match these skills, we still encourage you to apply!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Kyruus is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information. We will not discriminate, in any employment decision, against any individual or group on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veterans/national guard/military reserve status. This shall be done in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws in every location in which Kyruus has facilities.