Senior Manager, Upstream Marketing, Platform Robotics
Johnson & Johnson
VELYS Digital Surgery and Capital, part of DePuy Synthes, is recruiting for a Senior Manager, Upstream Marketing, Platform Robotics. This hybrid position can be based in Palm Beach Gardens, FL, Boston, MA or Raynham, MA.
Reporting to the Director of Platform Strategy and Business Innovation, the Senior Manager, Upstream Marketing, Platform Robotics, will lead efforts to identify and develop digital technologies across multiple orthopaedic franchises to advance our leadership in orthopaedic innovation. They will lead the development of the business strategy including opportunity assessment, financial modeling, multi-generational road mapping and beyond. They will work in close collaboration with partners on the DePuy Synthes global marketing teams as well as R&D, business development, finance and other strategic functions. They will be responsible to lead development projects related to the platform robotic strategy.
The primary responsibilities include:
- Drive upstream innovation strategy for platform robotic solutions across orthopaedic procedures applying new and emerging technology.
- Scope and lead internal and external development projects aligned to the innovation strategy in partnership with business development, R&D and other cross-functional partners.
- Lead Voice of Customer (VOC) activities for unmet need identification and shaping business strategy for new digital solutions.
- Translate market trends and customer needs inclusive of diverse perspectives into targeted project recommendations and performance requirements
- Partner across DePuy Synthes platforms to build, refine and maintain platform robotic use cases.
- Create profitable commercial models with the opportunity to generate adjacent revenue.
- Contribute to organizational change programs to enable continued digital transformation.
- Improve overall awareness among key internal and external partners of the Digital Surgery innovation strategy and its value proposition.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Engineering or related field required. Advanced degree (e.g., M.B.A.) is highly preferred.
Required Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 7 years of engineering and/or marketing experience.
- 3+ years relevant digital technologies experience such as robotics, navigation, augmented reality power tools, sensors, data connectivity.
- Demonstrate an entrepreneurial approach to enable agile development and execution.
- Proven track record working with surgeons, Key Opinion Leaders and/or hospital administrators.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Prior experience crafting business & digital transformations.
- Strong financial competence and business case development.
- Commercial drive and skill working across organizational structures demonstrating knowledge of the demands and processes of strategic partners.
- Healthcare, Medical Device, or Surgical Robotics experience.
- This role can be based out of Palm Beach Gardens FL., Boston MA., or Raynham MA under a hybrid onsite/remote model
- This role may require up to 25% travel, international and domestic.
Do you want to be part of a diverse team delivering innovative products to market? Apply today!
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of our employees and the ones they love.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.