Supply Chain Data Analytics Specialist
Johnson & Johnson
Abiomed, part of Johnson & Johnson MedTech, is a leading provider of medical devices that provide circulatory and respiratory support, with a mission of recovering hearts & saving lives. Abiomed's "Patients First!" culture drives our skilled workforce and strong relationships with clinicians. Our innovative product portfolio and robust pipeline provide us the incredible opportunity to bring lifesaving technology to more patients around the world than ever before. Founded in 1981, Abiomed has a proven track record for growth, integrity and innovation. Remote work options may be considered on a case-by-case basis and if approved by the company
I Am Abiomed | I Am Heart Recovery | Patients First!
Abiomed is looking for an experienced analyst/data scientist to help lead the global supply chain organization into the future. The Supply Chain Data Analytics Specialist will partner with functional leads/SME’s, business stakeholders, and IT to understand needs and opportunities, and translate them into analytics and reports that allow team to understand relationships and performance more deeply, forecast and sense changes, and monitor performance to plan.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for continuous improvement, standardizing processes and figuring out how to leverage big data and visualization tools to solve problems, evaluate hypothesis, and optimize supply chain performance and capabilities while adapting to changing and growing business needs.
They will achieve this through their knowledge of supply chain processes, deep data analytics subject matter expertise, and strong collaboration with operations, customer service, sales/marking, manufacturing, regional SC, and finance.
- Develop and advance supply chain analytics capabilities and outputs, as we work to shift to more proactive identification of opportunities and issues and elevating performance management and reporting needs of all levels of management.
- Support the monthly Global S&OP (PSI) process through data alignment, reporting, analytics, and scenario development. Serve as liaison between commercial, international/ROW, finance, and operations teams. Conduct review meetings to align various stakeholders and inputs.
- Proposes and implements processes that proactively alert the business to opportunities and risks within the organization’s supply chain.
- Develop and report supporting KPIs.
- Product life cycle planning and inventory strategy development to meet customer needs, business requirements, and service level objectives. In addition, supports, monitors and maintains finished goods inventory levels and system integrity
- Develop business analytics that enable identification, prioritization, and justification of improvement programs that optimize supply chain performance.
- Monitor and ensure the integrity and accuracy for relevant master data maintained in SAP to support the demand and inventory forecasting and purchasing processes; Model database needs based on project requirements and maintain data dictionaries and documentation associated with these data models.
- Leverages data analytics tools to create new dashboards, reports, and any additional ad-hoc requests
- Analyze supply chain and operational data, and identify key trends, correlations, and improvement opportunities/plans (e.g. Inventory DIOH & optimization; Forecast Accuracy; Forecast Bias, order mgmt., service level, EE&O, and lead time improvement) ; Build and maintain methodology and tools for ongoing analysis.
- Create and deliver impactful presentations for mid-level and senior-level audiences
- BS in a quantitative, IT, supply chain, or business discipline required
- 2+ years of proven business analyst, reporting, and/or data science experience required
- Expertise using visualization tools (e.g., Domo, Tableau, Looker, Qlik, MSPower BI) in data analysis; Solid understanding of data structures and transformations preferred
- Proficiency with SQL, R, Python (or statistical modeling) and/or SAS/SPSS preferred
- Experience with advanced analytic techniques (e.g., financial & predictive modeling, regression analysis and ROI measurement) preferred
- Supply Chain & Logistics process knowledge; Demonstrated knowledge of SAP Supply Chain modules (IBP, eWM, BW, MRP, MM) preferred
- Strong technical knowledge and ability to express complex technical concepts in terms understandable to the business, needs to be able to train the organization preferred
- Strong Analytical skills, ability to structure and perform complex data analysis; Proactive ability to draw conclusions and recommendations from analysis performed preferred
Abiomed is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Abiomed will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law. Abiomed maintains a drug-free workplace.