Scientist, AI/ML applied to Computer Vision for Drug Design - Data Science Analytics & Insights, Janssen R&D
Johnson & Johnson
Janssen Research & Development LLC, a Johnson & Johnson company, is recruiting for a Scientist to help advance Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning (AI/ML) for Drug Design. The preferred and primary location for this position is Titusville, NJ, but exceptionally skilled candidates may be considered for other Janssen site locations including New Brunswick, NJ, Cambridge, MA, Spring House, PA, La Jolla, CA, South San Francisco, CA, with up to approximately 10% travel.
At Janssen, we are working to create a world without disease—transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Data Science Analytics & Insights team within Janssen R&D develops innovative solutions using a variety of data sources across multiple different disease areas, encompassing oncology, cardiovascular and metabolic disorders, immunology, neuroscience, and infectious disease. We are looking for a highly motivated and innovative Scientists who will work at the intersection of AI/ML, Computer Vision and Molecule Design.
· Conceive, develop, and implement AI/ML solutions applied to computer vision for drug design problems, including but not limited to, processing and analysis of large scale imaging and assay data (e.g. high content imaging, cryogenic electron microscopy, tissue imaging, and medical imaging), molecule structure predictions, toxicity prediction, and AI-based optimization
· Contribute to design of analytical components and technical execution of a project, and execute end-to-end analyses, including consolidation/packaging
· Work closely with a cross disciplinary team of data and AI scientists, imaging experts, structural biologists, and computational chemists, and leverages cross-domain expertise to contribute to a rigorous scientific evidence package strategically aligned with molecule development cycle
· Contribute to scientific publications and patents
· Extensive hands-on coding and actively contribute to platform development
· May supervise contractors and students
· Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science/Statistics/Applied Mathematics or other related major is required
· Strong technical expertise in AI / deep learning with excellent analytical skills in Computer Vision with proven track records (publication in top-tier journals, awards, patents, white papers) is required.
· Proficiency with one or more programming languages such as Python or C++ is required.
· Proficiency in one or more AI frameworks such as Pytorch or Tensorflow is required.
· Extensive hands-on experience in AI/ML in related applications such as Computer Vision / Large Language Models/ Geometry Learning / AI-based Drug Design and other related fields is required.
· Ability to present analytical results on behalf of the project team in a cross-functional setting, contextualizing how it fits within the broader project is required.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The anticipated base pay range for this position is $102,000 to $163,000. For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .