Senior Scientist, Biomarkers
Johnson & Johnson
Janssen Research & Development is recruiting for a Senior Scientist, Biomarkers located in Boston, MA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The CVMR-PH Biomarker Team is composed of experts in Kidney Diseases, Pulmonary Hypertension and Retinal Diseases and supports programs across the value chain in the CVMR-PH therapeutic area, both for biomarker discovery and development.
The successful candidate:
- will serve as a Biomarker Lead for preclinical and/or clinical programs and will be responsible for the generation and execution of the biomarker strategies for the programs, in collaboration with the relevant functions and stakeholders in the project team and in the clinical trial team
- will ensure delivery of completed data and analyses in support of key programs milestones and drive technical excellence in translational science and biomarker research and contribute to the group’s strategic direction
- will follow best practices for Data Integrity complying with organization and company standard operating procedures in timely fashion
- is expected to work independently, and be highly impactful in the lab with a significant proportion of her/his time spent at the bench
Key Working Relationships:
- Disease area biologists and working group leads actively pursuing novel targets in disease areas of strategic priority.
- Program team leads, Biomarker leads, Translational medicine leads,
- Clinical development team leads and clinical statisticians.
- Computational biology & population genetics scientists.
- Innovation leads and business development personnel
- Active Janssen collaborating principal investigators and analysts (non HCPs & HCP’s).
- PI’s and consortium leaders in human & mouse genetics & systems biology.
- Industry colleagues in similar roles at competitor companies on precompetitive initiatives.
PhD with at least 3 years of relevant experience performing at the Scientist level is required
Experience and Skills
- Demonstrated ability to generate and implement a biomarker strategy for a program in an industry or academia setting is required
- Demonstrated ability to work on assay development in a laboratory setting, and generate and accurately document data is required
- Breadth of lab skills to address various types of biomarkers, modalities, and matrices, across animal models and human samples is required
- In-depth understanding of the research laboratory environment; familiarity with all basic and some complex laboratory equipment/instrumentation is required
- Proven record on publication of biomarker data in high-quality scientific, technical, or medical journals is required
- Ability to work in a cross-functional environment and represent biomarker/precision medicine area in the projects and contribute to decision-making is required
- Knowledge of kidney, retinal and/or PH disease biology is preferred
- Previous experience in CVMR-PH biomarkers is preferred
- Understanding of the overall process of drug discovery and development is preferred
- Experience with clinical diagnostics and their uses is preferred
- Experience with clinical sample handling is preferred
- Prior experience in working with external companies and alliance partners is preferred
- Experience in transitioning biomarker strategies from pre-clinical to clinical setting, including implementation of biomarker plans in clinical studies and review and interpretation of data is preferred
This position may require up to 10% travel
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
Something looks off?