Senior Associate Scientist, In Vivo Pharmacology, Renal Disease
Johnson & Johnson
Janssen Research & Development is recruiting for a Senior Associate Scientist, In vivo Pharmacology, Renal Disease based out of Cambridge, MA.
The primary responsibility of the Senior Associate Scientist is to provide technical and scientific support for conducting research involving in vivo preclinical studies. Responsibilities include study planning, hands-onstudy execution, data/statistical analysis, troubleshooting and documentation according to best business practices. The Senior Associate Scientist interprets and integrates data and makes recommendations for critical discovery project decisions and achievement of project goals. The qualified candidate will work in cross-functional teams, including program project teams, biomarker, quantitative and discovery sciences groups to develop study plans and execute in vivo experiments.
Key Working Relationships
- In vivo pharmacology team across multiple sites,
- Project Teams
- Quantitative Sciences
- Local vivaria
- Product formulation team
- Service providers
- Occasional KOLs
- M.S. with 6 years of relevant experience OR a B.S./B.A. with 9 years experience is required
- Demonstrated skills in performing in vivo pharmacology and mechanistic studies in models of kidney and/or metabolic diseases is required
- Demonstration of performance of progressively advanced duties in the pharmaceutical industry or academic environment is required
- Ability to work under limited supervision, interpret data and recommend next steps following priorities, milestones, and timelines in support of objectives is required
- Strong collaborator and team player
- Excellent oral, written communication and interpersonal skills are required
Working knowledge of pharmacology and/or drug discovery principles is preferred
Experience with ex vivo assays, molecular biology methods, and/or in vitro assays relevant for kidney
disease is preferred
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Something looks off?