Associate Director, Cloud Solutions Engineering
At Humana, we are deeply focused on helping members achieve their best health by delivering personalized, simplified, whole-person healthcare experiences. Recognizing healthcare needs continue to evolve for each person, for each family and for each community, Humana continuously creates innovative solutions and resources that help people live their healthiest lives on their terms –when and where they need it. Our employees are at the heart of making this happen and that’s why we are dedicated to building an organization of dynamic talent whose experience and passion center on putting the customer first.
Join us as we shape the future of well-being and healthcare, and to be a part of the team that delivers the best healthcare experiences to our members.
If automation is your passion, and if you want to work at a company that deeply values and fosters top engineering talent, please apply to this position.
The Associate Director, Cloud Solutions Engineering owns automation engineering capabilities, and leads the staff engaged in delivery of infrastructure and DevOps automation projects (on-premises as well as in the cloud). He/She will work on automation projects that drive optimal performance, repeatability, continuity and efficiency in virtualized, on-demand environments in our multi-cloud ecosystem, through the delivery of automation artifacts. He/She will also work on delivering automation architectures and engineering proof of concepts in alignment with enterprise architecture guidelines. The Associate Director, Cloud Solutions Engineerin requires a solid understanding of how organization capabilities intersect and interrelate across departments. Decisions are typically related to identifying and resolving complex technical and operational problems within department(s), and this position would lead multiple managers or highly specialized professional associates.
- The Associate Director, Cloud Solutions Engineering not only leads team members who deliver IT automation projects, but also performs technical planning, architecture development and develops specifications for new IT automation products and service offerings
- Assesses the compatibility and integration of products/services in order to ensure an integrated architecture across interdependent technologies through collaboration with other business units and identifies opportunities for automation. This may include the outlining of processes, creation of architectures to provide solutions, commissioning the installation of applications relevant to automation, creation of proof of concepts, creation of engineering solutions and designing & executing testing to validate solution
- Advises senior executives to develop functional strategies (often segment specific) on matters of significance. Exercises independent judgment and decision making on complex issues regarding job duties and related tasks, and works under minimal supervision, uses independent judgment requiring analysis of variable factors and determining the best course of action
- Performs assessment of workloads for fit into one of several cloud deployment form factors – IaaS, PaaS, Serverless Functions etc. and guides infrastructure teams in implementing creative solutions on public cloud infrastructure, as well as helps application teams to move to target form factor
- Provides guidance and engages on migration of application components from on-premises to cloud using automated migration processes
- Finally, candidate must have an ‘Automation First” mindset – fundamentally will not accept doing things over and over by hand. Responsible for evaluating and implementing orchestration, automation, and tooling solutions to ensure consistent processes and repetitive tasks are performed with the highest level of accuracy where cloud computing is concerned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, or related field. Relevant work-experience can substitute
- 8 or more years of experience in IT & Engineering, with recent focus on automation engineering and cloud migrations
- 4 or more years of people management experience
- Broad understanding of Information Technology solutions including technologies, platforms, applications and capabilities
- 2 or more years of technical experience with cloud platforms
- 2 or more years of technical experience with automation platforms (Ansible, Puppet, CloudFormation, Terraform etc.)
- Experience leading the implementation of technologies with enterprise-wide impact
- Excellent written and verbal skills; confidently and professionally interacts with internal teams; external stakeholders and customers. Ability to inspire, influence and lead others with and without direct authority
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- AWS, Azure, or GCP certifications
- Experience working in an Agile product methodology
- Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, or equivalent
To ensure Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates’ ability to work effectively, the self-provided internet service of Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates must meet the following criteria:
- At minimum, a download speed of 25 Mbps and an upload speed of 10 Mbps is recommended to support Humana applications, per associate.
- Wireless, Wired Cable or DSL connection is suggested.
- Satellite, cellular and microwave connection can be used only if they provide an optimal connection for associates. The use of these methods must be approved by leadership. (See Wireless, Wired Cable or DSL Connection in Exceptions, Section 7.0 in this policy.)
- Humana will not pay for or reimburse Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates for any portion of the cost of their self-provided internet service, with the exception of associates who live or work from Home in the state of California, Illinois, Montana, or South Dakota. Associates who live and work from Home in the state of California, Illinois, Montana, or South Dakota will be provided a bi-weekly payment for their internet expense.
- Humana will provide Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates with telephone equipment appropriate to meet the business requirements for their position/job.
This is a remote position
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Pay RangeThe compensation range below reflects a good faith estimate of starting base pay for full time (40 hours per week) employment at the time of posting. The pay range may be higher or lower based on geographic location and individual pay decisions will vary based on demonstrated job related skills, knowledge, experience, education, certifications, etc.
$139,500 - $192,000 per year
This job is eligible for a bonus incentive plan. This incentive opportunity is based upon company and/or individual performance.
Description of BenefitsHumana, Inc. and its affiliated subsidiaries (collectively, “Humana”) offers competitive benefits that support whole-person well-being. Associate benefits are designed to encourage personal wellness and smart healthcare decisions for you and your family while also knowing your life extends outside of work. Among our benefits, Humana provides medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) retirement savings plan, time off (including paid time off, company and personal holidays, volunteer time off, paid parental and caregiver leave), short-term and long-term disability, life insurance and many other opportunities.