Director, Research Data Offering
DescriptionThe Director, Research Data Offering performs basic observational and experimental scientific, technological, health economics and outcomes investigation directed toward the acquisition of new knowledge and to guide business decisions. The Director, Data Offerring requires an in-depth understanding of how organization capabilities interrelate across the function or segment.
The Director, Research Data Offering supports execution of basic observational and experimental scientific, technological, health economics and outcomes investigation directed toward the acquisition of new knowledge and to guide business decisions by designing, maintaining, and enriching data resources and analytical environments at Humana Healthcare Research (HHR). This position also contributes to revenue generation from data licensing by maximizing existing and establishing new research partnerships and providing strategic direction to identify and address business issues and opportunities.
- The Director, Research Data Offering leads a team of data scientists to develop and maintains HHR’s data infrastructure to support execution of appropriate retrospective and prospective study designs, research methodology, analyses, and interpretation of research results.
- Develops revenue goals for data licensing, strategic plans to grow revenue and is responsible for achieving revenue targets.
- Provide timely feedback to senior leadership regarding market trends, competitor activity, and new product/services improvements in areas of data infrastructure and data licensing.
- Develops strategy and implements enrichment of current data environment by including new data sources, e.g. EMR data, socioeconomic risk factor data, health risks assessment data
- Leads production of de-identified and integrated datasets for external licensing.
- Coordinates appropriate support resources and collaborates with other HHR business units to maximize and strengthen customer/partner relationships
- Oversees the HHR IT budget and prioritization of work
- Master's Degree
- 8 or more years of technical experience
- 5 or more years of management experience, including building, nurturing, and motivating highly engaged teams.
- Experience with data architecture of large structured and unstructured data sets that enable flexible and efficient development of insight
- Business development, sales or consulting experience with proven track record of generating new business opportunities.
- Experience in using advanced analytics and research methods as a mechanism to drive to better outcomes in people’s lives
- Experience interpreting and communicating analytic results to analytical and non-analytical business partners and executive decision makers
- Experience with activities related to HIPAA compliance, such as creating limited datasets and dataset deidentification
- Business development experience
- Advanced knowledge of SQL, SAS, R, and Python
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- PhD in Statistics, Economics, Health Services Research, Pharmacoeconomics, Pharmacoepidemiology or related field
- Experience with Linux usage and administration, including Bash scripting
- Experience with IT strategy, budgeting, and planning concepts such as the Software Development Lifecycle, use cases, and requirements gathering
"This is a remote nationwide position"
At Humana Healthcare Research our mission is to deliver high-quality scientific research and contribute to real-world evidence in healthcare for improving quality of care and population health. Our focus is on the publication of peer-reviewed research to guide business decisions and add to the body of knowledge for the scientific community and the society at large. We are a team of 35 healthcare research professionals, with advanced degrees in public health, health services research, mathematics, data science, HEOR, and other.
Visit us at to learn more about research studies we do: Humana Healthcare Research
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Pay RangeThe compensation range below reflects a good faith estimate of starting base pay for full time (40 hours per week) employment at the time of posting. The pay range may be higher or lower based on geographic location and individual pay decisions will vary based on demonstrated job related skills, knowledge, experience, education, certifications, etc.
$164,700 - $226,575 per year
This job is eligible for a bonus incentive plan. This incentive opportunity is based upon company and/or individual performance.
Description of BenefitsHumana, Inc. and its affiliated subsidiaries (collectively, “Humana”) offers competitive benefits that support whole-person well-being. Associate benefits are designed to encourage personal wellness and smart healthcare decisions for you and your family while also knowing your life extends outside of work. Among our benefits, Humana provides medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) retirement savings plan, time off (including paid time off, company and personal holidays, volunteer time off, paid parental and caregiver leave), short-term and long-term disability, life insurance and many other opportunities.