Human Resources Merger and Acquisition Lead
DescriptionThe HR M&A Lead researches, analyzes, and makes recommendations on compensation matters (with an eye to Total Rewards) related to potential mergers, acquisitions and divestitures during due diligence, integration, and post-integration. The HR M&A Lead works on problems of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial.
The HR M&A Lead is responsible for creating and refining the strategic direction of all M&A compensation activities (with an eye to Total Rewards) as it relates to potential M&A deal types for the Enterprise. This may include asset deals, stock purchases, small tuck-ins, or large joint ventures. This job will collaborate and set the general M&A direction for Compensation (with an eye to Total Rewards), pulling in appropriate resources as necessary for each current and potential new deal. More specifically this job will:
- Set the Compensation strategy, timeline, and overall process for each current and potential deal (with an eye to Total Rewards)
- Forge relationships with various internal partners, such as Legal, Corporate Development, HR M&A, to ensure alignment with the Enterprise M&A vision and goals
- Create, refine and monitor each major Compensation M&A work stream process, such as:
- Refinement of the Compensation M&A playbook
- Due diligence (e.g., risk and retention strategy, costing, executive offer letters)
- Integration planning, management and post integration activities (e.g., job mapping, FLSA status, sun setting employment agreements)
- Create and establish process flows for partnering across compensation teams
- Review lessons learned and gather feedback of each deal post close to enhance and create repeatable processes moving forward
- Responsible for ensuring there is effective communication to newly acquired entities around our compensation philosophy, programs, etc.
- Create cadence to regularly report out on updates, findings, and large-scale recommendations across Compensation and Total Rewards to ensure alignment and awareness of ongoing and upcoming M&A deals
- 5 or more years of combined M&A (including integration) and Compensation experience
- High execution
- Strong relationship building, influence, and working with various levels of leadership
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Master’s degree
- 5 or more years of experience within a Consulting firm
- 5 or more years of experience in Total Rewards (Comp, Benefits, Well-being)
- Working knowledge and can speak to compensation risks, such as employment agreements, FLSA status, 409A/ 280g Analysis, Change in Control Agreements and other Compliance related issues with each deal
At Humana, we know your well-being is important to you, and it’s important to us too. That’s why we’re committed to making resources available to you that will enable you to become happier, healthier, and more productive in all areas of your life. Just to name a few:
• Work-Life Balance
• Generous PTO package
• Health benefits effective day 1
• Annual Incentive Plan
• Well-being program
• Paid Volunteer Time Off
• Student Loan Refinancing
If you share our passion for helping people, we likely have the right place for you at Humana!
To ensure Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates’ ability to work effectively, the self-provided internet service of Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates must meet the following criteria:
• At minimum, a download speed of 25 Mbps and an upload speed of 10 Mbps is recommended; wireless, wired cable or DSL connection is suggested
• Satellite, cellular and microwave connection can be used only if approved by leadership
• Associates who live and work from Home in the state of California, Illinois, Montana, or South Dakota will be provided a bi-weekly payment for their internet expense.
• Humana will provide Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates with telephone equipment appropriate to meet the business requirements for their position/job.
• Work from a dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information
Social Security Task:
Alert: Humana values personal identity protection. Please be aware that applicants being considered for an interview will be asked to provide a social security number, if it is not already on file. When required, an email will be sent from Humana@myworkday.com with instructions to add the information into the application at Humana’s secure website.
As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology called Modern Hire to enhance our hiring and decision-making ability. Modern Hire allows us to quickly connect and gain valuable information for you pertaining to your relevant skills and experience at a time that is best for your schedule. If you are selected for a first round interview, you will receive an email correspondence inviting you to participate in a Modern Hire interview. In this interview, you will receive a set of interview questions over your phone and you will provide recorded or text message responses to each question. You should anticipate this interview to take about 15 minutes. Your recorded interview will be reviewed, and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Pay RangeThe compensation range below reflects a good faith estimate of starting base pay for full time (40 hours per week) employment at the time of posting. The pay range may be higher or lower based on geographic location and individual pay decisions will vary based on demonstrated job related skills, knowledge, experience, education, certifications, etc.
$123,800 - $170,400 per year
This job is eligible for a bonus incentive plan. This incentive opportunity is based upon company and/or individual performance.
Description of BenefitsHumana, Inc. and its affiliated subsidiaries (collectively, “Humana”) offers competitive benefits that support whole-person well-being. Associate benefits are designed to encourage personal wellness and smart healthcare decisions for you and your family while also knowing your life extends outside of work. Among our benefits, Humana provides medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) retirement savings plan, time off (including paid time off, company and personal holidays, volunteer time off, paid parental and caregiver leave), short-term and long-term disability, life insurance and many other opportunities.