Lead Engineer - Tooling Lashing
Posted on Wednesday, July 26, 2023
Job Description SummaryTooling method engineer will take the responsibility on project to organize the synopsis task. It means he will be in charge to collect the information from site, COE, SI, in order to define the tools needed to do the erection and maintenance operation according to the relevant procedure.
He/She will be specifically in charge of project execution in global environment.
Roles and Responsibilities
Within the global Hydromechanical and tooling Center of Excellence(CoE), the tooling method engineer will be responsible for all method related topics:
- Collecting the information from site / Project Engineering Manager / logistics / Center of excellence to prepare the synopsis.
- Define the erection and maintenance tools to run operations according to the procedure (done by site team) with the objective to use as much as possible standard tools and according to the EHS rules.
- Define the concept design of specific tools with the support of tooling design team.
- Identifying the need of access on our machine/component.
- Identifying the need of specific packing and specifying it.
- Preparing the lashing drawing and the lashing calculation note.
- Preparing the lifting drawing.
- Pushing the synopsis BOM in the GE product life management system.
- Following the synopsis associated budget and On Time Delivery.
- Participating when required to the design review of the tool or of the piece itself, in order to make implemented the tooling requirement.
- Being the entry point for site team for any request of support.
- Coordinating the synopsis task with sub-contractor or technician.
- Identifying on market standard tools.
- Represent the Tooling Center of Excellence (CoE) in front of the Project Team: Turbine &Generator System Integrator, Turbine & Generator CoE main project engineers, Supply Chain and Construction & Commissioning
- Master degree from an accredited university in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent knowledge or experience
- Significant experience (>5 years) in mechanical design of hydro components or similar heacy industry (mining, navy, port, ski lifting)
- Experience in design of lifting equipment and access platform or significant experience on site
- Good knowledge of CAD software NX or SolidWorks
- Excellent written & verbal English skills for international communications
- Proven ability to work with cross-functional and global teams
- Strong interpersonal skills, proven leadership skills and a positive energy
- Knowledge of Hydropower Plant products
- Experience on project management
- Team-player: positive & engaged contributor to the team, willingness to learn & adapt to business needs; be resilient