Field Performance Engineer
Job Description SummaryA gas turbine performance test engineer will be executing highly technical services on various gas turbine models. The successful execution of these global services will require that the engineer adhere to internal processes while being open to challenges that may arise. Engineers are accountable for the quality our customers feel when purchasing our services. Areas of customer quality include accurate/timely documentation, appropriate/timely installation of instrumentation, accurate collection of field data, various site activities, and communications.
The position requires approximately 50% travel in 2 to 6 week intervals, to destinations around the world. ** This is an estimate; travel requirements vary, with peak outage seasons seeing higher percentages and peak demand seasons seeing less travel.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Review commercial guarantees, test expectations/requirements, and develop performance test procedures.
- Prepare, plan, and execute thermal performance tests on gas turbines.
- Analyze data, calculate test results, diagnose and evaluate testing issues and develop corrective actions as needed.
- Prepare test reports for internal and external distribution
- Communicate with internal and external customers regarding testing activities, schedules, and technical issues
- Identify and report in-field sales opportunities
- Support continued development and improvement of performance tools/processes
- Support new service development initiatives
- A Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering or other Engineering major with a strong thermo-dynamic foundation.
- The position requires approximately 50% travel in 2 to 6 week intervals, to destinations around the world. This is an estimate; travel requirements vary, with peak outage seasons seeing higher percentages and peak demand seasons seeing less travel.
- Strong understanding of thermodynamics and thermodynamic cycles as they relate to gas turbines.
- Prior experience in gas turbine performance testing and analysis
- Training or proficiency in gas turbine and thermodynamics.
- Experience with modeling and analysis programs for gas turbines.
- Advanced degree in Engineering.
- Proficient in the use of computers and PC software.
- Excellent communications skills - both verbal and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills – self starter
- Customer focused; Team focused
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes