Project Manager - Senegal & Cap Verde
Job Description SummaryLead Contract Execution of SW and/or INFRASTRUCTURE Project
The resident Project manager is in charge of managing the Site deployment & Commissioning activities of a large Project. He reports to the Project Director. Concerns the deployment phase of Senegal Upgrade and Cape Verde Back-up projects in Q4/22, Q1/23 & Q2/23.
In a second phase, the project manager is in charge of managing one or several extension Projects within time, cost, sales, quality & security targets. In this function, he reports to the Projects Group Lead based in Massy France or in Africa.
In both functions he/she coordinates the project team (technical, financial, etc.). He/she is responsible of customer interface and satisfaction. Based at customer site (Senegal)
Roles and Responsibilities
Area Accountability / Responsibility
- Responsible for customer satisfaction
- Acts as the primary interface with the Customer & Engineer at site
- Knows & understand customer organization & decision process
- Responsible for reporting to customer
- Manages customer correspondence
- Organizes and participates to customer meetings
- Responsible for financial, tax & legal risks/opportunities of the contract
- Risk/opportunity analysis & management throughout project life
- Claim management
- Project closure process
SUPPLIES & SUBCONTRACTING MANAGEMENT
- Manages subcontractors’ contracts and work performance on the field
- Provide purchasing/supply chain department with supplies & subcontracting project needs forecast
- Create and/or validate purchase requests
Monitors & communicate shipment milestones
PROJECT TEAM/RESSOURCES MANAGEMENT
- Project team coordination, motivation
- Warn management on risks linked to human resources issues
- Define & communicate resources needs to technical teams (Studies, Engineering, etc.)
Organize & participate to meetings: kick-off, meetings, project risk, budget, project closure meetings
- Project quality plan design & communication
- Owner of the project documentation.
- As-built documentation
In charge of the warranty/maintenance handover to customer support team
- In charge of project life cycle organization
- Create & update planning (tasks, milestones, resources)
- Monitor & communicate progress
Responsible for deadline respect
As a resident project Manager: responsible for the Site E&C budget
As a Project Manager:
- Responsible for gross margin & sales follow-up
- Control costs: validate suppliers’ bills, monitors material & man-days costs
- Invoicing/Cash control
- Analysis of variations
- Prepare, organize & participate to budget review
REPORTING & COMMUNICATION
- Produce monthly report (for extension Projects) or contributes to the Overall report (as resident PM)
- Organize project meetings (budget, risk, progress etc.) & produce meeting reports
- Regularly inform management of any event impacting project implementation & financial result
ETHICS, SECURITY & SAFETY MANAGEMENT
Apply & make sure GE values as well as GE security & Safety guidelines are applied.
- Customer satisfaction
- On time delivery
- Budget, Sales, Contribution Margin
Engineering degree. A double degree engineering & business school is a plus.
Experience in delivering SW or telecom projects.
Projects deployment at site experience.
An experience in the energy industry (Energy Management System, Generation Management system, Distribution management System, Market management System, etc.) is a clear advantage.
Business understanding (market knowledge in area of work, intl. exposure & awareness)
Good knowledge of SCADA, EMS, DMS, Telecom, RTU, IT projects
Languages: English and French required; Mastering other languages is a clear differentiator
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes