Medical Secretary Pediatrics Reliant - 2196108
$1,000 Sign On Bonus for External Candidates
Opportunities with Reliant Medical Group, part of the Optum family of businesses. Join a community-based, multi-specialty, physician-led organization where you will work with talented peers on a common purpose: improving the quality, cost and experience of health care. Here, we focus on delivering the best patient care, rather than volume. Through innovation and superior care management, we support patients and your well-being as a team member. Join a team at the forefront of value-based care and discover the meaning behind Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
- Department: Pediatrics
- Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:30AM – 5PM
- This position performs a full range of administrative medical support services while ensuring the highest level of patient care and satisfaction
- Acts as a patient advocate and liaison in coordinating healthcare services by partnering with a care team (Nurses, Providers, and Medical Assistants)
- Verifies patient insurance coverage and eligibility utilizing computer-based patient registration / scheduling system
- Collection of patient co-payments and other outstanding balances, maintaining a daily cash deposit as needed
- Addresses patient-care related telephone calls via an incoming work queue aligning with department metrics
- Documents appropriate information in patient’s charts using an electronic medical records system
- Completes and maintains physician’s schedules, coordinating patient visits and medical procedures
- Ensures insurance authorizations are obtained and services are covered in full, communicating information with patients as needed
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Familiarity with the use of PC, typing capabilities, and comfort with various software applications such as Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Additional specialized medical secretarial / medical office training
- Experience utilizing electronic medical records
- Background in customer service
The organization reserves the right to modify position responsibilities at any time, due to business necessity.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.