Medical Assistant - 2195655
$1,000 Sign-On Bonus for External Candidates
Opportunities with Reliant Medical Group, part of the Optum family of businesses. Join a community-based, multi-specialty, physician-led organization where you will work with talented peers on a common purpose: improving the quality, cost and experience of health care. Here, we focus on delivering the best patient care, rather than volume. Through innovation and superior care management, we support patients and your well-being as a team member. Join a team at the forefront of value-based care and discover the meaning behind Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Positions in this function performs a variety of duties involving clinical and administrative patient care while adhering to the standards of the practice. Provide care to pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients. Assist in the examination and treatment of patients by taking and recording vital signs such as blood pressures, temperatures, height, weight, etc. Assist physician and others with simple to moderate clinical/diagnostic procedures such as urine cultures, pregnancy tests, throat cultures, etc. Prepare treatment rooms. Perform a variety of clerical functions to support office functions. Perform related duties to facilitate the efficient utilization of computer-based information.
Hours: 38.75 hours per week. Monday – Friday 8:30am – 5pm.
Location: Leominster Medical Multispecialty: 225 New Lancaster Rd Leominster, MA
- Prepare examination rooms and sterilize medical equipment & instruments
- Room patients, obtain health history and check vital signs
- Document patient care using electronic medical record software
- Perform phlebotomy, urinalysis and handle patient specimen samples
- Administer medications and perform injections/immunizations
- Assist providers with minor, in-office procedures and perform point-of-care testing
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Medical Assistant certification (CMA or RMA) or you must be willing to attain that certification within 180 days of the start date
- Proof of immunity to vaccine-preventable diseases
- Medical Assistant certification
- Successful completion of Basic Life Support (BLS-CPR) certification
- Knowledge of office and laboratory procedures
- Knowledge of a variety of software applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, etc.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.