State Income and Franchise Tax Senior - Multistate (SALT) - BOSTON
Are you a strategic and creative Multistate Tax professional who likes solving complex state tax issues? Are you ready to make a greater impact on organizations by combining tax consulting solutions and innovative technology that align the tax function with business objectives?
We are looking for a sharp, analytical Multistate Tax Senior Consultant who is ready to take on new challenges and join one of the largest Multistate Tax practices in the United States.
What you'll do
As a Senior Consultant within the Multistate Tax Services group, you will be a valuable member on tax engagements and provide state tax consulting and compliance services to a diverse client base in various industry sectors. You will continue to grow your technical knowledge in state taxation by working on large complex tax projects, and have access to exceptional resources and continue to develop your supervisory and leadership skills. Responsibilities will include:
- Performing a detailed technical review of partnership and corporate state tax returns and work papers with attention to multistate tax issues such as apportionment, state modifications, nexus, unitary filings, and flow-through taxation.
- Coordinating with an in-house tax preparation team within Deloitte and with the clients tax department.
- Performing detailed review of estimated payment and withholding calculations and related filings.
- Researching state tax legislation and assisting with impact on compliance.
- Assisting with various tax consulting projects including research and writing projects related to tax planning, restructuring, due diligence, audit defense, and accounting for income taxes.
- Assisting with engagement workflow management and supervising tax consultants and interns on assigned engagements.
Deloitte's Multistate Tax Services (MTS) group is the largest State and Local Tax (SALT) practice in the United States with more than 1,000 professionals nationwide. Our Multistate Tax professionals include former state tax auditors and administrators, industry personnel, tax practitioners, accounting specialists, and technology personnel with numerous years of multistate tax experience. Collectively, our team has significant experience with the requirements and nuances of jurisdictions in all 50 states. Our specific services include state income and franchise tax, indirect tax, business restructuring, credits and incentives, sales and use tax outsourcing, excise tax, property tax, state strategic tax review, and state tax controversy.
- 2+ years' experience in state income and franchise tax
- Preparation and review experience of state income and franchise tax returns
- Experience with state tax planning, tax research, and tax analysis
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Excellent presentation and communications skills
- Supervisory experience
- Ability to travel 10%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- One of the following accreditations obtained, in process, or willing able to obtain:
- Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office if eligible to sit for the CPA
- If not CPA eligible:
- Licensed attorney
- Enrolled Agent
- Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax or JD and/or LLM
- Previous Big 4 or large CPA firm experience
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.