Data Analyst, R&D Ops
IT, Operations, Data Science
Boston, MA, USA · Remote
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2023
Arcadia is dedicated to happier, healthier days for all. We transform diverse data into a unified fabric for health. Our platform delivers actionable insights for our customers to advance care and research, drive strategic growth, and achieve financial success. For more information, visit arcadia.io.
Why This Role Is Important To Arcadia
Arcadia's healthcare data platform is all about efficient, high-performant handling of petabytes of data each day. That doesn't come easy (or cheap)! We consistently seek opportunities to improve system efficiency and data turnaround time - and we need your help to do it. As a member of the R&D Operations team, you'll be the in-house data and analytics expert finding patterns in a sea of data Partnered with our Principal Engineer of Financial Operations and the Chief Product & Tech Officer, you'll trawl through telemetry data form dozens of bleeding-edge big data apps and AWS cost reports to identify big opportunities.
You'll be exposed to some of the most exciting technology in the market, and will be supported by a caring and high-energy group of leaders and peers. On a regular basis you'll feel the gratification of your energy almost instantly generating visible customer outcomes and company value.
What You'll Be Doing
- Design data models to connect the disparate sources of usage, cost and performance data to inform holistic understanding or complex data systems.
- Develop and release rich graphical dashboards using Amazon Quicksight to automate delivery of insights across Arcadia, including real-time alerting.
- Partner with engineering leaders to learn about our bleeding-edge data platform, developing conceptual connections to convert our data to suggested actions.
- Provide monthly executive data briefs, with visibility up to the CEO and the Board.
- Participate in Arcadia's Analytics Guild, where you can learn best practices on data analytics and dashboard design from Arcadia's leading Data Analysts and Data Scientists.
What You'll Bring
- You are great at writing SQL to join disparate datasets and create blended reporting models
- You have strong prior experience in dashboard design and report writing using common business intelligence frameworks (e.g., AWS Quicksight, PowerBI, Tableau)
- You know Excel inside-and-out, and can produce high-quality worksheets and datasets for collaboration with key stakeholders
- You can write lightweight Python scripts to fetch data from APIs and serialize to tabular report data
- You are a good written communicator, conveying complex technical concepts and analysis in concise, executive-friendly text
- You approach work with care, honesty, and humility. You don't need to be the expert on everything. You are honest about strengths and weaknesses, of both yourself and your team.
Would Love For You To Have
- Experience working the AWS services, including the Cost Explorer and theBoto3 Python SDK
- Experience in-and-around cloud big data systems, including analyzing usage logs, ETL statistics and more
What You'll Get
- Chance to be surrounded by a team of extremely talented and dedicated individuals driven to succeed
- Be a part of a mission driven company that is transforming the healthcare industry by changing the way patients receive care
- A flexible, remote friendly company with personality and heart
- Employee driven programs and initiatives for personal and professional development
- Be a member of the Arcadian and Barkadian Community
Arcadia.io helps innovative healthcare systems and health plans around the country transform healthcare to reduce cost while improving patient health. We do this by aggregating massive amounts of clinical and claims data, applying algorithms to identify opportunities to provide better patient care, and making those opportunities actionable by physicians at the point of care in near-real time. We are passionate about helping our customers drive meaningful outcomes. We are growing fast and have emerged as the market leader in the highly competitive population health management software and value-based care services markets, and we have been recognized by industry analysts KLAS, IDC, Forrester and Chilmark for our leadership. For a better sense of our brand and products, please explore our website, our online resources, and our interactive Data Gallery.
This position is responsible for following all Security policies and procedures in order to protect all PHI under Arcadia's custodianship as well as Arcadia Intellectual Properties. For any security-specific roles, the responsibilities would be further defined by the hiring manager.