Manager II Behavioral Health Services
Anthem Blue Cross & Blue Shield
Position Title:Manager II Behavioral Health Services
Title: Behavioral Health Services Manager II
Location: Hybrid 1 day/week in office; Within 50 miles of an Elevance Health Pulse Point in MA, RI, or NH
A proud member of the Elevance Health family of companies, Carelon Behavioral Health, formerly Beacon Health Options, offers superior clinical mental health and substance use disorder management, a comprehensive employee assistance program, work/life support, specialty programs for autism and depression, and insightful analytics to improve the delivery of care.
The Manager II – Behavioral Health Services will be responsible for leading a team of clinicians and managers.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Serves as a resource for behavioral health management programs.
- Identifies and recommends revisions to policies/procedures.
- Ensures staff adheres to accreditation guidelines.
- Supports quality improvement activities.
- Assists with implementation of cost of care initiatives.
- Attends meetings to review processes and discusses provider and member related issues
- Hires, trains, coaches, counsels, and evaluates performance of direct reports.
- Leads development and maintenance of positive relationship with providers and works to ensure quality outcomes and cost effective care; assists in developing clinical guidelines and medical policies used in performing medical necessity reviews; provides leadership in the development of new pilots and initiatives to improve care or lower cost of care.
- Requires current, active, unrestricted license such as LICSW OR LMHC or Clinical Psychologist to practice as a health professional within the scope of licensure in Massachusetts.
- Master’s Degree in social work, counseling, psychology or related behavioral health field or a degree in nursing and minimum of 5 years of clinical experience with facility-based and/or outpatient psychiatric and chemical dependency treatment and prior utilization management experience, which includes a minimum of 2 years prior management experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Prior expereince supervising people leaders such as supervisors, and managers strongly preferred
- Licensed and domiciled in Massachusetts.
- Prior experience in Managed Care setting required.
- Experience applying clinical and policy knowledge on the continuum of Behavioral Health treatment strongly preferred.
- Exceptional relationship building skills required.
- Management/supervisory experience required.
- Accountable Care Organization (ACO) experience preferred.
Workshift:1st Shift (United States of America)
Job Family:MED > Licensed/Certified Behavioral Health Role
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Elevance Health operates in a Hybrid Workforce Strategy, providing various levels of flexibility while also ensuring that associates have opportunities to connect in-person. Unless in a designated virtual-eligible role and specified as primarily virtual by the hiring manager, associates are required to work at an Elevance Health location at least once per week, and potentially several times per week. Specific requirements and expectations for time onsite will be discussed as part of the hiring process. Candidates must reside within 50 miles or 1-hour commute each way of a relevant Elevance Health location.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.