Public Relations Manager
Anthem Blue Cross & Blue Shield
Position Title:Public Relations Manager
Location: Elevance Health supports a hybrid workplace model (virtual and in-office) with PulsePoint sites used for collaboration, community, and connection. This includes remote work and 2-3 days in office per week.
The Public Relations Manager, Government Health Benefits is a key role responsible for developing and executing comprehensive public relations strategies to promote the company’s Medicare and Medicaid businesses. This position requires strong communication skills, strategic thinking, and the ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders. The PR Manager will be responsible for coordinating public relations campaigns and ensuring consistent messaging across all communication channels.
How You Will Make an Impact
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and Implement PR Strategies: Create and execute strategic PR plans to promote the Medicaid and Medicare lines of business, including Medicare Annual Enrollment Period. Align PR strategies with the organization's goals and objectives.
- Public Relations Campaigns: Develop and manage integrated public relations campaigns to raise awareness and generate interest in the organization's activities, programs, and. Coordinate PR efforts with marketing and communications teams.
- Thought Leadership and Executive Visibility: Assist in the development and implementation of thought leadership strategies to position key executives as industry experts.
- Crisis Communication: Assist in managing crisis communication affecting the Medicaid and Medicare lines of business.
- Content Development: Create compelling press releases, media kits, speeches, articles, and other communication materials to support PR initiatives. Ensure consistent messaging and brand representation.
- Monitoring and Measurement: Monitor media coverage and PR campaign performance. Track and analyze relevant metrics to measure the impact and effectiveness of PR efforts. Provide regular reports and recommendations for improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications, or a related field; 7 years of related experience public relations, with a focus on media relations and strategic communications; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- At least 5 years of experience in public relations, with a focus on media relations and strategic communications.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities, and Experiences:
- Experience in public relations within government health programs (i.e., Medicare and Medicaid), government or nonprofit sector.
- Familiarity with government health programs, policies and regulations.
- Experience in crisis communication and issues management.
- Proficiency in using digital media platforms and social media for PR purposes.
- Proven track record in developing and implementing successful PR strategies and campaigns.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to craft compelling messages and narratives.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects and deadlines.
- Proficiency in media monitoring and PR measurement tools.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
Job Level:Non-Management Exempt
Workshift:1st Shift (United States of America)
Job Family:PCG > Public Relations
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Elevance Health operates in a Hybrid Workforce Strategy, providing various levels of flexibility while also ensuring that associates have opportunities to connect in-person. Unless in a designated virtual-eligible role and specified as primarily virtual by the hiring manager, associates are required to work at an Elevance Health location at least once per week, and potentially several times per week. Specific requirements and expectations for time onsite will be discussed as part of the hiring process. Candidates must reside within 50 miles or 1-hour commute each way of a relevant Elevance Health location.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.