Provider Clinical ED Liaison - MBHP
Anthem Blue Cross & Blue Shield
Position Title:Provider Clinical ED Liaison - MBHP
Position Specific Details: This position is part of our partnership with MBHP. The contractual requirement for this role is that the successful hire will have a master's degree and appropriate licensure (LICSW/LMFT/LMHC) in the state of Massachusetts. This is a hybrid role which will require meetings with providers at least once a month and occasional in-office team meetings in Boston/surrounding area.
The Provider Clinical Liaison is responsible for Community Behavioral Health Center (CBHC) program Mobile Crisis Intervention (MCI) implementation focusing on partnering and building relationships with Emergency Department’s providers Statewide and CBHC staff to support understanding of the MA BH roadmap, CBHC MCI role and responsibilities.
How you will make an impact:
- Serves as the clinical point of contact for Emergency Departments for crisis services/MCI, on-going training, strategy development and support for all crisis services and interventions provided, as well as coordinating integration with Massachusetts Behavioral Health Partnership (MBHP) internal departments.
- Conducts clinical review meetings with Emergency Departments and CBHC MCIs as needed, brokering any relationship needs with the state that are also involved.
- Works in collaboration with the Emergency Department on program review, evaluation, and program design enhancements.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for Emergency Departments on all MBHP Clinical programs regarding contractual, provider and regulatory requirements and expectations around MCI and ensures MBHP compliance.
- Establish and maintain policies, procedures, processes, and ongoing clinical improvement initiatives to ensure services are provided as contracted and as reflected in performance specifications
- Partners with internal and external stakeholders to facilitate clinical processes between those entities and Emergency Departments.
- Serves as a clinical Liaison with Emergency Departments, CBHCs, contracting account managers and other associates.
- Requires a BA/BS and minimum of 5 years external client facing experience in program/project management; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Graduate degree preferred.
- Project management certification preferred.
Job Level:Non-Management Exempt
Workshift:1st Shift (United States of America)
Job Family:BSP > Program/Project
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Elevance Health operates in a Hybrid Workforce Strategy, providing various levels of flexibility while also ensuring that associates have opportunities to connect in-person. Unless in a designated virtual-eligible role and specified as primarily virtual by the hiring manager, associates are required to work at an Elevance Health location at least once per week, and potentially several times per week. Specific requirements and expectations for time onsite will be discussed as part of the hiring process. Candidates must reside within 50 miles or 1-hour commute each way of a relevant Elevance Health location.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.